How to Sell
We take a customized approach to selling for our clients. Everyone’s priority is to maximize their return, after that, we consider timing, location, market conditions, and much more. Whether you are considering selling a full line of equipment or just a few pieces, we are here to help you.
We offer three ways to sell- 1). Onsite auction (at your farm or business, 2). Sell on consignment at our auction yard, 3). Direct buy-out.
- Advertising is the key to getting the highest interest and selling price of your items. That includes online, print, email, text & also having your items on our yard for maximum publicity.
- Equipment for advertisement can be sent in at any time- preferably at least 2-5 weeks before the auction. Read each auction for the specific deadlines for advertising
- We accept equipment anytime for 30days- 4days before the auction. (deadline is always 4days before the auction). The deadline is a hard deadline- we DO NOT accept items after the deadline.
- We accept equipment in the categories of Ag, Construction, Lawn & Garden, Sports, Titled Vehicles & Trailers, & Support Equipment.
- We do not accept household items
- We do not accept tires under 50% rubber, dry-rotted, or cracked- regardless if they have rims or not. If you want to sell the tire for the rim, please remove the rubber
- We reserve the right to reject any items we do not consider acceptable for the auction- regardless of reason for rejection.
- We have many truckers that we work with that haul long & short distant. Contact us if you need trucking for your items into our yard
- We have a scale program based on the selling price per item. Download the auction contract to view commissions.
NEW UPDATE- There is a $5.00 minimum commission on all items.
- We sell items over live auctions, live drive through auctions, & timed online auctions. If you are selling at one of our 2-day machinery auctions & are not sure which day you would like it to sell, you can leave it up to us and we will use or discretion on where we feel it will sell best.
- We take care of doing all the invoicing and auction settlements. Proceeds will be mailed out within seven business days to the address you provide at time of sign in.
- Titled vehicle and trailers need to have a clear open title for us to be able to sell.
- We have gotten very strict with titles items- especially farm vehicles. We do a run down sheet for you to provide any information on what is wrong with the item. should you misrepresent your item, we have the authority to return the item to you and refund the customer.
- There is extra paperwork required to be filled out for any titled item & signed by the vehicle owner. Click on the “Titled Vehicle Paperwork” button below to access the paperwork.
- All titles, registrations, & lien releases need to be dropped off in the office no less than 48hrs from auction day.
Send Eq. For Advertising
Advertising is the key to getting the highest interest and selling price of your items. That includes online, print, email, text & also having your items on our yard for maximum publicity. Equipment for advertisement can be sent in at any time- preferably at least 2-5 weeks before the auction
Looking to have a farm or estate sale? Contact Jay today!
Did you know what we sell Real Estate?
Jay Martin is a licensed sales person under Keuka Lake & Land Realty. Contact us the get your property on the market!