How to buy
We offer 2 ways of bidding at our auctions- Online or In-person.
- Registration for in-person bidding can be done a few days in advance to beat the crowds on auction day. Registration needs to be done in the office & can not be done online. The bidder paddle number you get upon registration is good only for in-person bidding for that specific auction.
- ID is needed for registration
- Registration for online bidding is done online on the platform the auction is hosted on. We do not recommend doing the registration last minute so that if you run into any problems, they can be worked out before the item you are interested is sold.
- A valid credit card is required for registration
We accept payment in the forms of:
- Bank or business check
- Credit or Debit card
- Wire transfer
- Money order
All in-person purchases must be paid for the day of the auction.
All online purchases must be paid for within 5 business days (see online terms for more details)
Q. May I come look at items before the auction day?
A. Yes. Anytime during business hours our yard is open.
Q. Can I see what’s for sale online on the upcoming auction?
A. Yes. Most items are listed on our website as well as the online bidding platforms
Q. Can I bid online be before auction day?
A. Yes. You can place prebids as soon as the items are listed on the bidding platforms
Q. Do you offer financing?
A. Yes, detailed financing information is below
Q.Is there a buyer’s premium?
A. We charge 10% buyers premium $1000 and under. $1,001 and on up there is none.
Q. Is there a fee to bid online?
A. There is an extra 3% online fee over any bought item.
Q. What’s the difference between the 2 online platforms you use?
A. They are very similar. Level offers bidding from a mobile app & also notifications before selected items sell.
All financing is subject to credit approval. J Martin Auctions does not guarantee credit approval. After chosen application is downloaded and filled out, it needs to be emailed or faxed into the office. After email/faxing in, you must call & speak with Marie to verify everything is filled out correctly and all information that is required is filled out. MUST include a copy of your driver’s license with any application you choose.
For best results, have application filled out & submitted no later than 5 business days before auction you are purchasing at.
Farm Credit East
Powered by Farm Credit, AgDirect is built from the ground up to serve all of your ag-equipment financing needs. Along with options to buy, lease or refinance, you’ll find attractive rates and ag-friendly terms.
- Must be $25,000 on up
- Business or farm must be owned by a New York resident
- Approval within 1-3days
Business Lease Consulting
If you want to work with a finance company that can assist you with all of your new and used equipment finance needs – BLC is what you are looking for!
- Must be $5,000 on up
- Business or farm does not need to be owned by a New York resident
- Approval within 1-3days
Buying Titled Vehicles
Notes on buying a titled vehicle, ATV, or Trailer
- The name on the invoice MUST match the name you plan to register the item in.
- Titles/Registrations will be given/mailed out after payment is received
- J Martin Auctions is unable to register your vehicles for you
- There is a $50 title handling fee to every titled vehicle